Wednesday, July 28, 2010

GOUT: My Personal Discoveries

Gout is a type of arthritis and initially it’s an inflammation of the joints. The first symptoms of having gout are the pains on your joints of the big toes (podagra historically or commonly known as "rich man disease").


Alternatively gout crystals can deposit in joints of the hands, wrists, elbows, ankles, knees and other locations. My first gout attack occured more than 5 years ago without realizing the consequences of consuming too much or an overdose of seafood. Of course, in one of my infrequent trips to the doctor, I was given a pain killer injection and presto like magic the pain was gone. Unfortunately, a week later I was bed-ridden for 4 days and couldn't put on my shoes or even walk.

After that episode, all is forgotten and I am back to my old ways of having my favourite dishes of buttered prawns, chilli crabs, and fried calamari with the usual steaks.

I had another bout of gout attack last August 2009 and feeling macho told Dr Anis (UTM clinic) that I can stand the pain and the gout was not severe. I WAS WRONG, the next day my right joint of the big toe was inflammed and even a gust of wind will make me winch in pain. The agony was when you need to walk 10 feet to go to the bathroom for a leak (sampai keluar peluh jantan menahan sakit apabila pijak lantai). I will continue with my remedies to overcome my gout...... ada hipotesis tentang gout dengan air kencing!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! Looking forward to read about your theory on gout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a theory yet BUT hypothesis, seems to work for me and I will post the personal discoveries of how I survived those 2 weeks of agony. Practically I spent my 2nd month of sabbatical grimacing in pain and the Unhealthy Denial of it not being due to gout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is great. Its personal and I also looking forward to read more. From the story, I cant imagine pesakit Gout can stand the pain. Huhu

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very good treatment of gout. It works. Another treatment is Herbal Gout Supplements. It reduces uric acid level and gives relief.

    ReplyDelete