Chemistry view point of uric acid (
- Have family members with the disease
- Are a man (woman less than 5%)
- Are overweight
- Eat too many foods rich in purines
- Have an enzyme defect that makes it hard for the body to break down purines
- Use some medicines such as diuretics, aspirin, cyclosporine, or levodopa
- Take the vitamin niacin.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Corticosteroids, such as prednisone
- Colchicine, which works best when taken within the first 12 hours of an acute attack.
- (brand names Aloprim and Zyloprim) is a drug that belongs to a class of medications called xanthine oxidase inhibitors. Prescribed for the treatment of chronic gout and is used to prevent rather than treat gout attacks.
- The medication works by blocking uric acid production.
- VERON plus gel
- topical treatment of inflammatory or pain conditions caused by chronic rheumatoid aethritis, degenerative arthritis and soft tissue rheumatism.